TutorialsPhotobucketSponsorsPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Old Trunk Re-purposed

As I was looking back through pictures
in my iphoto, I found some pictures I could not resist posting. I found this trunk at a garage sale for $3 dollars and fell in LOVE. I used it in a Mint and gold bed set I redid. You can find the tutorial on the stencil in the link on the line above.

To add legs on the trunk we bought wood legs at Lowes and painted them white. If I am remembering right these were about $3 dollars each. 

C.J. then took a large screw and screwed through the bottom of the trunk into the wood leg and VIOLA! It was ready to sell...BUT....



Before I sold it I took it out and took some pictures of Jaysa sitting on it.






 
I wasn't every good at centering my pictures back then. Oh well this is still the cutest picture ever!! I am so sad she has grown up so fast!

Jaysa's outfit is also from a garage sale.
White shirt- $1 at a garage sale
Jean skirt-.50 cents at a garage sale
Cowgirl boots-$3 dollars at a garage sale



LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a cool trunk. And your daughter is adorable. I discovered your blog through Flamingo Toes and will definitely be following along in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also just found your fun blog, via Craft-o-Maniac's features. Such a great repurposing of the trunk. Great idea--now I'm going to be on the lookout for one! New follower!
    Doreen
    http://altered-artworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that is the cutest thing! I want one! I used to garage sale alot, but I have moved to a town where they have them, just not with good stuff like this trunk! So many uses for a trunk like that! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable photo. I <3 your trunk too:) pinned

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorbs!! Jaysa looks to be enjoying herself. Love what you did with the trunk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love! What a neat idea to add legs! I just found an old trunk in one of our barns that is in desperate need of a makeover. It was my grandmothers, but it has seen better days. Thanks for the fresh inspiration! I'm hopping over to follow you on Pinterest. Thanks! | DoMeasurablyMore.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is darling, especially in my favorite color! So is your little one by the way! Glad I found you at Uncommon Designs.
    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the coolest trunk! It makes a sweet photo prop!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Fancy This Fridays! I really look forward to your links every week!

    ReplyDelete